What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information (billing/shipping address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
AMW is committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As a part of this commitment, our website is enabled with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security. SSL is a universally accepted standard which allows for the safe and secure transfer of information across the internet. This is accomplished by encrypting the connection between your browser and our servers, and helps ensure unauthorized third parties will not have access to any of your sensitive, personal, or confidential information during the transaction process. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed locally on your computer/device. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps save your preferences when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, although you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Additionally it should be noted such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information, or unsubscribing in your account preferences
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details regarding the personal information which we store under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe any of your personal information stored in our system is incorrect or incomplete, please write us an email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.